The BackStage is the only swing away platform hitch rack on the market that swings out 180 degrees. No matter if you have a truck, SUV or camper van, this rack is perfect for those who need open access to the back end of their vehicle. Based around the MonoRail platform, the BackStage provides full access to the back of the vehicle, even with bikes loaded.
- The industry’s first 180 degree swing away platform hitch rack
- Carries 2 bikes, up to 60 lbs per tray (120 lbs total). Not compatible with Add-On
- No contact with frame, secures bicycle by front wheel
- Carries road tires up to 5.0” fat bike tires, and diameters from 20” to 29”
- Compatible with bicycle wheelbases from 36” to 50”
- Folds flat against the vehicle and tilts down 30 degrees to allow for hatch access
- Only available for 2" hitches. Utilizes RockyMounts premium 3-axis anti wobble system
- Includes locking hitch bolt and cable lock, keyed alike
- Note: Cable lock is not intended to be used while driving. Road vibrations can cause unintended wear on frames, rims, and the rack itself. Please remove cable lock when vehicle is in motion
- Not for use with fender equipped bicycles
- Rack weight 59 lbs (shipping weight 75 lbs)
- Fit Memo- For cargo vans a fit check is required. Depending on hitch manufacturer, handlebar width, vehicle wheelbase, and accessories an 8" Hitch Extension may be required for handlebars to clear the door.